Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Just an Intro

To those of you who don't know me very well, my name is Darlene and I am a fractal and random person.  I'm sure somewhere there is a 12 step program with my name (or diagnosis) all over it, but for now I am just here, chillin' in my padded room.
   I keep telling myself that someday I am going to start this fabulous blog and it will be so funny because it will be about...sparkly Texas women or pithy church signs or those strange shoes found in random places (now someone else's blog because she beat me to it without even knowing it was a race.) Regardless of what all my brilliant topics were going to be, I never started that fabulous blog...until now.churchsign
    I have always loved writing and when I was abroad, I kept a travel blog (adventuringimpossible.blogspot.com) and it was so fun.  So much fun that I decided the world needed me to keep another travel blog, but this one would be about traveling through life.
  Now, I know you're thinking (while you throw yourself dramatically onto the floor hands reaching out imploringly to the heavens..) "dear Lord, not another whiny, life is crap blog that I am supposed to find interesting!"
    This is not that, I can promise you...no, I will even pinky swear.  As if the act of actually curling pinkies with someone makes it a more valid promise than just saying it.  I believe fully that the entire reason we have pinkies is to validate our promises.  It serves no other biological purpose.  It can't even move with 100% independence.  Seriously, all it's there for is to give that added "ooomph!" to a vow.  Who needs to shake hands or sign contracts?  We curled pinkies!
    The things I can say may appear, with mini-digit crossing certitude, are references to parenting; I am one and I find it mostly hilarious, references to "the gays"; I am one and I also find it mostly hilarious.  Mostly though, I think you will find that I will just be writing about the small ironies I find in life and how very enjoyable they make my day to day existence.  If you find them interesting, cool.  if not...I cordially invite you to stop reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment